USAA Mortgage? (PMI, house loan, escrow, approval) – Mortgages -Lenders, loans, financing, charges, foreclosures, short-sales, brokers, credit score rating, deed, lien, refinancing, debtors

Start New Thread

Old

08-14-2008, 11:22 AM

Location: Denver

3,211 posts, learn 7,862,855 instances

Repute: 3135

I used to be questioning if anyone has gone by them or has determined to not.

Their charges are a contact greater than different lenders however with the low pmi and no origination on a few of their merchandise it’s exhausting to move up.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old

08-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

5,137 posts, learn 15,678,456 instances

Repute: 1008

is determined by many elements. They’ve nice applications, however I am positive many lenders have crushed them. Each lender has a ‘area of interest’ that another lenders cannot beat. You’ve got be sure you discover the proper area of interest lender to your wants.

Quote:

Initially Posted by wankel7
View Post
I used to be questioning if anyone has gone by them or has determined to not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old

08-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Location: Cary, NC

1,036 posts, learn 3,767,171 instances

Repute: 510

I posted on this within the different thread you had been asking… as I stated it is best to all the time evaluate complete worth (lender closing prices), charge AND service.

From what purchasers have instructed me USAA does nice on charges, however is missing within the different two. For the final shopper that in contrast, I used to be proper there with them on the decrease charges (the place they charged origination price/factors) solely .1% greater on the APR and was higher than them on the 0 origination price/factors choices. After all the GFE from them did not show to be correct and what the revenues agent “promised” was not the identical as when it was turned over to the processor and loan contact. It appears they outsource their loan origination so as soon as they “promote” you on utilizing them, its handed on to a third celebration that does the true originating. Some smaller credit score unions that wouldn’t have the workers/resoruces do the identical factor with their mortgages and auto loans.

Worth is sweet, however $100 much less in charges with 0 service may not be the best choice in your case. There’s typically a commerce off in worth and repair/high quality… every client wants to find out what they worth and which is the best choice for them.

Old

08-14-2008, 02:22 PM

Location: Denver

3,211 posts, learn 7,862,855 instances

Repute: 3135

Ah geez I double posted? I assumed the opposite thread errored out or one thing…

Thanks for the knowledge!

Old

08-15-2008, 07:36 AM

Location: Gainesville, VA

1,261 posts, learn 5,217,602 instances

Repute: 727

We have used USAA for over 11 years… insurance coverage, banking, IRAS, however the one place they completely failed us was once we had been going to purchase a home in 2001. We referred to as to get approval they usually stated they would not approve us for a $135,000 loan. Now hmm hubby had an excellent paying and secure job, plus we had a lot of $$ saved and nice credit score, so it was like huh? This was a case of are you able to get me your supervisor please? Apparently they had been exhibiting that we had 2 excellent automobile loans with them. Once more incorrect. Even IF we had 2 automobile funds, we would be able to afford the loan. So, we acquired permitted by the supervisor. Then the enjoyable began. We needed to pay I believe round $300 to get the loan course of began, and earlier than all that occurred, we didn’t know USAA was passing us off to PH Mortgage. We had been going with USAA as a result of we favored their customer support, had we identified we had been going to be with a third celebration we NEVER would have utilized for a loan with USAA. Effectively, PH Mortgage’s customer support sucked. No communication from them via the method, did not reply calls, emails. We simply acquired pissed off to the purpose that we fired them and went with the builder’s mortgage firm who made all of it simple for us. I can not advocate USAA for a house loan until they now maintain the mortgages in home.

Read about:   The Best Time to Get a Mortgage Loan

Old

08-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Location: Cary, NC

1,036 posts, learn 3,767,171 instances

Repute: 510

Heather72 – That was the identical factor I’ve heard. Prospects love USAA for insurance coverage/IRAs and stated their worth/service couldn’t be beat. However mortgages had been outsourced, in order quickly as they had been “offered” on the mortgage and handed off to the opposite firm the service dropped and the estimates went up.

The identical can occur when some brokers ship their loans to an underwriter. The loan officer could be nice but when the underwriter isn’t any good, issues will happen. A minimum of with a dealer you may nonetheless name the loan officer to assist out… with outsourcing you at the moment are below the management of the brand new firm.

Apparently there are just a few web sites devoted to clients “expertise” with this firm. Its unhappy to see somebody that does so properly in a single area let their clients down a lot in one other.

Old

08-15-2008, 10:56 PM

Location: Goodyear, Arizona

864 posts, learn 2,202,915 instances

Repute: 379

We now have a mortgage with USAA and have been very pleased with them. The mortgage folks have prompt messaging which I discover extra responsive and fewer time consuming than calling. My solely criticism is that the mortgage information solely reveals on the USAA main account holder’s webpage and never the secondary acct. holder. For instance, to make an additional cost I’ve to log onto usaa and use my husband’s USAA quantity (not mine) or log straight onto mortgagequestions.com. Only a minor inconvenience, actually.

Read about:   Credit Cards

Old

08-16-2008, 02:33 AM

Location: Denver

3,211 posts, learn 7,862,855 instances

Repute: 3135

Quote:

Initially Posted by navy partner
View Post

Attention-grabbing, I had by no means heard of the mortgagequestions.com web site earlier than. Is that this a service that USAA hires to service the mortgage? Are you aware the identify of the corporate that holds the mortgage?

How correct had been the closing price estimate they provide on their web site?

Thanks for the primary hand expertise!

Old

08-16-2008, 09:01 AM

Location: Goodyear, Arizona

864 posts, learn 2,202,915 instances

Repute: 379

I am unsure in the event that they contract one other firm to offer their mortgage companies. My cost ebook says USAA, however it isn’t a San Antonio handle. We purchased that home about 3 years in the past they usually provided 5.875% on the time and the charges had been aggressive with everybody else. I felt they had been simpler to take care of than among the different mortgage corporations. They did estimate the taxes a bit greater than they actually had been, however they instructed me they do that originally in order that there are not any disagreeable surprises earlier than closing. Mortgagequestions.com is the web site the place you may see your cost historical past, escrow information, make extra funds, and many others. It is extremely consumer pleasant and I’ve discovered their customer support to match that of another USAA dept.

Read about:   3 Simple Mortgage Tips for Contractors

Old

08-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Location: Denver

3,211 posts, learn 7,862,855 instances

Repute: 3135

Effectively, I’ve NO thought what occurred to USAA Mortgage.

Their PMI on a 171k mortgage with 5% down simply went from 45 a month to 94 a month. And the unfold between the speed and apr went from about .25% to .5%

Yikes!

Please register to publish and entry all options of our very fashionable discussion board. It’s free and fast. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to lively posters on our discussion board. Extra giveaways are deliberate.

Detailed details about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our website: Metropolis-data.com.