Thomas William Selleck (; born January 29, 1945) is an American actor and movie producer. His breakout function was enjoying personal investigator Thomas Magnum within the tv sequence Magnum, P.I. (1980–1988). Since 2010, Selleck has co-starred as New York Metropolis Police Commissioner Frank Reagan within the sequence Blue Bloods, and the present has been renewed for its twelfth season in 2021–2022. Starting in 2005, he has portrayed troubled small-town police chief Jesse Stone in 9 made-for-TV motion pictures primarily based on the Robert B. Parker novels.
In movies, Selleck has performed bachelor architect Peter Mitchell in Three Males and a Child (1987) and its sequel Three Males and a Little Girl (1990). He has additionally appeared in additional than 50 different movie and tv roles since Magnum, P.I., together with the movies Quigley Down Underneath, Mr. Baseball, and Lassiter. He appeared in recurring tv roles as Monica Geller’s love curiosity Dr. Richard Burke on Pals, as Lance White, the likeable and naive accomplice on The Rockford Information, and as on line casino proprietor A.J. Cooper on Las Vegas. He additionally had a lead function within the tv western film The Sacketts, primarily based on two of Louis L’Amour’s books.
Selleck is a California Military Nationwide Guard veteran, a spokesman for the Nationwide Rifle Affiliation (NRA), an endorser in ads for Nationwide Evaluation journal, and co-founder of the Character Counts! group.
Selleck was born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1945, to housewife Martha Selleck (née Jagger) and Robert Dean Selleck, who was an govt and actual property investor. He has an older brother Robert (born 1944), a youthful sister Martha (born 1954), and a youthful brother Daniel (born 1950).
His father was of primarily English ancestry however had distant German ancestry as properly, whereas his mom was of English descent. By means of a completely paternal line, Selleck is a direct descendant of English colonist David Selleck who moved to Massachusetts from Somerset, England, in 1633. By means of this line, Selleck is the eleventh era of his household born in North America.
Selleck’s household moved to Sherman Oaks, California, in 1948.
Selleck graduated from Grant Excessive College in 1962 and enrolled at Los Angeles Valley Faculty, residing at residence and saving cash. Throughout his junior yr, with the assistance of a basketball scholarship, Selleck transferred to the College of Southern California the place he performed for the USC Trojans males’s basketball staff. He’s a member of Sigma Chi fraternity and a member of the Trojan Knights. Whereas Selleck was majoring in Enterprise Administration, a drama coach instructed he attempt performing and, in his senior yr, he dropped out of the college. Selleck then studied performing on the Beverly Hills Playhouse, beneath Milton Katselas.
California Nationwide Guard
Upon receiving a draft discover in the course of the Vietnam Warfare, Selleck joined the California Nationwide Guard. He served within the one hundred and sixtieth Infantry Regiment of the California Military Nationwide Guard from 1967 to 1973.
Selleck’s first tv look was as a university senior on The Courting Sport in 1965 and once more in 1967. Quickly after, he appeared in commercials for merchandise similar to Pepsi-Cola.
He started his profession with bit components in smaller motion pictures, together with Myra Breckinridge (invited on the set by Mae West), Coma, and The Seven Minutes. He appeared in quite a lot of TV sequence, mini-series and TV motion pictures. He was additionally the face of Salem cigarettes and Revlon’s Chaz cologne. Selleck appeared within the industrial for Proper Guard deodorant in 1971, with Farrah Fawcett in 1972 for the aperitif Dubonnet, and one other in 1977 for the toothpaste Shut-Up. He was additionally in a Safeguard deodorant cleaning soap industrial (date not accessible). In 1972, he starred within the B-movie Daughters of Devil. Nonetheless struggling as an unfamiliar TV actor, Selleck had a recurring function within the Seventies as personal investigator Lance White in The Rockford Information.
Selleck is an avid outdoorsman, marksman and firearms collector. These pursuits led him to leading-man cowboy roles in Western movies, beginning along with his function as cowboy and frontier marshal Orrin Sackett within the 1979 movie The Sacketts, reverse Sam Elliott, Jeff Osterhage, and Western legends Glenn Ford and Ben Johnson. He adopted The Sacketts with The Shadow Riders in 1982, then portraying a cat burglar in Thirties London in Lassiter in 1984. Quigley Down Underneath is certainly one of his best-known Western movies, though he gained a “Western Heritage Award” for his 1997 function in Final Stand at Saber River. In 1979, Selleck starred in Concrete Cowboys with Jerry Reed.
Selleck was an accessible actor, however he spent years receiving little curiosity from the leisure business. His massive break got here when he was forged within the lead function as Thomas Magnum in Magnum, P.I. The producers wouldn’t launch the actor for different tasks, so Selleck needed to go on the function of Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Misplaced Ark, which meant that the function went to actor Harrison Ford as an alternative. It turned out that the taking pictures of the pilot for Magnum was delayed for over six months by a writers’ strike, which might have enabled him to finish Raiders.
“Look, I made a cope with Magnum, and it was the perfect factor that ever occurred to me. I am proud that I lived as much as my contract, and a few folks stated, ‘You have to get right into a automobile and drive right into a brick wall and get injured and get out of Magnum and do that [Raiders].’ I stated ‘I gotta look my mother and pa within the eye, and we do not do this,’ so I did Magnum…that is not so dangerous is it?”
—Tom Selleck • Construct Collection Interview
Selleck performed the function of Thomas Magnum in 1980 after filming six different TV pilots that have been by no means bought. Magnum was a former U.S. Navy Officer, a veteran of a Particular Operations unit, “SEAL” within the Vietnam Warfare, and later a member of the “Naval Intelligence Company” (a fictional model of the Workplace of Naval Intelligence), who had resigned his fee with the Navy to turn out to be a non-public investigator residing in Hawaii. The present would go on for eight seasons and 163 episodes till 1988, profitable him an Emmy Award for Excellent Lead Actor in a Drama Collection in 1984.
Selleck was well-known for his mustache, a Hawaiian-style aloha shirt, a Detroit Tigers baseball cap, and a Colt MKIV/Collection 70 Authorities Mannequin handgun (a industrial model of the U.S. Army M1911A1) which his character often carried. The precise prop from the present was a 9×19mm Parabellum, serial quantity 70L33101, used for its dependable functioning with available blanks, though the unique gun was a conventional .45 ACP 1911. Magnum additionally used a Star Mannequin B, one other 9mm much like the M1911A1, and a Detonics Pocket 9 in the course of the sequence.
Magnum drove a Ferrari 308 GTS within the sequence. The mannequin grew to become so recognized with the function that Ferrari followers now consult with the red-painted mannequin as a “Magnum” Ferrari.
After the tip of the present in 1988, it established itself because the top-rated one-hour present within the historical past of syndicated reruns (not less than till 1998). Selleck confirmed that he was the preferred selection by followers to play the function of Magnum within the once-rumored Magnum, P.I. film.
In 1984, he launched Nancy Reagan on the 1984 Republican Nationwide Conference.
Selleck was supplied the lead function of Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch, however he turned down the function as a result of he didn’t wish to be seen as a intercourse image. The function finally went to David Hasselhoff.
Through the Magnum years, he additionally starred as an acrophobic police detective in Runaway and a stand-in father in Three Males and a Child, which was the largest hit on the American field workplace in 1987.
TV and promoting
In 1990, he starred as an American Nineteenth-century sharpshooter within the Australian Western Quigley Down Underneath, a job and movie that he considers certainly one of his prime. Through the Nineteen Nineties, he additionally starred in Three Males and a Little Girl, Her Alibi, An Harmless Man, Of us!, Christopher Columbus: The Discovery, Mr. Baseball, In & Out and The Love Letter. Selleck’s function in In & Out is his first as a homosexual character (Peter Malloy).
Within the mid-nineties, Selleck performed the function of Richard Burke, Monica’s older boyfriend, beginning on the finish of the second season of the TV sequence Pals. Richard was a divorced ophthalmologist who was a buddy of Monica’s mother and father, and at first the connection was hidden from her mother and father. The connection finally ended over Richard’s reluctance to decide to having youngsters, although Selleck did make a number of extra appearances in later episodes. His determination to star in a six-episode plot of Pals was seen as a digression from the films again to TV reveals and a mistake by his profession advisers. Selleck recruited a brand new agent and accepted the half. This function earned him an Emmy Award nomination in 2000 for Excellent Visitor Actor in a Comedy Collection.
He did the voice-over for the 1993 AT&T promoting campaigns titled “You Will.” These ads had a futuristic really feel, and posed the query of, “What in the event you had the know-how to _____? Nicely, you’ll … and the corporate that can convey it to you? AT&T.”
Within the mid-Nineteen Nineties, Selleck hosted a particular sequence on TLC known as The Sensible Information to the Universe, by which he talked concerning the stars, planets, galaxies, and many others.
In February 1998, Selleck accepted the lead function in a sitcom for CBS known as The Nearer. This function was Tom Selleck’s massive comeback on prime time TV. In it he performed Jack McLaren, a legendary publicist heading up a model new advertising and marketing agency. His costars included Ed Asner, David Krumholtz, and Penelope Ann Miller. Regardless of the excessive pedigree, and the expectations for his first sequence since Magnum, P.I., low rankings brought on the present to be canceled after ten episodes.
His final two cowboy roles so far have been within the 2001 TNT film Crossfire Path (primarily based on a Louis L’Amour novel of the identical identify), and the 2003 movement image Monte Walsh. In 2001, Selleck performed the lead function of Murray in a Broadway revival of Herb Gardner’s comedic play A Thousand Clowns. It ran for under two months. Critics, although removed from uniformly destructive about Selleck’s efficiency, typically in contrast it unfavorably to that of Jason Robards, who gained awards within the Nineteen Sixties for enjoying the character on the stage and in a film model.
Selleck performed the function of Common Dwight D. Eisenhower in A&E’s 2004 made-for-TV film Ike: Countdown to D-Day. The film confirmed the planning, politics, and preparation for the 1944 Invasion of Normandy, and Selleck was critically lauded for enjoying a cool, calm Eisenhower.
Since 2005, Selleck has starred within the function of transplanted lawman Jesse Stone in a sequence of made-for-TV motion pictures primarily based on Robert B. Parker’s novels. Up to now, the sequence includes 9 movies, with the newest launched in October 2015. Along with his portrayal of the movies’ protagonist, Selleck now acts as producer for the sequence. The fifth movie, Jesse Stone: Skinny Ice, was not tailored from Parker’s novels, however was as an alternative an authentic story by Selleck.
He joined the forged of the NBC drama Las Vegas within the season-five premiere on September 28, 2007. He performed A.J. Cooper, the brand new proprietor of the Montecito On line casino. He changed James Caan, who left the forged in the identical episode. This was Selleck’s first common function on a drama present since he performed Thomas Magnum on Magnum, P.I. As of December 30, 2007, he started doing industrial voice-overs for Florida’s Pure orange juice.
Since 2010, he has starred as Frank Reagan within the CBS American police procedural/drama sequence Blue Bloods, filmed on location in New York Metropolis. Frank Reagan is the Police Commissioner, and the sequence follows the Reagan household of cops with the New York Metropolis Police Division. The present premiered on September 24, 2010, and is in its eleventh season as of 2020–21.
In 2012, Selleck was featured in Coldwell Banker’s tv advert marketing campaign specializing in homeownership. On August 1, 2016, American Advisors Group (AAG), the main reverse-mortgage lender, introduced the premiere of its new tv industrial marketing campaign naming Selleck as the corporate’s new nationwide spokesperson following the demise of Fred Thompson, their earlier spokesperson. The commercials started operating throughout cable and nationwide networks together with ABC, NBC and CBS.
Selleck appeared in a recurring function on the acclaimed ABC drama Boston Authorized as Ivan Tiggs, the troubled ex-husband of Shirley Schmidt (Candice Bergen).
From 1971 to 1982, Selleck was married to mannequin Jacqueline Ray. Throughout that point, he adopted her son, Kevin Shepard (born 1966), former drummer for the American rock band, Tonic. On August 7, 1987, Selleck married Jillie Joan Mack (born 1957). They’ve one daughter, Hannah (born December 16, 1988).
Selleck and his household dwell in Thousand Oaks-Westlake Village, California, on a 60-acre (24 ha) avocado ranch in Hidden Valley previously owned by Dean Martin. In a 2012 interview with Individuals, Selleck talked about residing and dealing on his ranch: “So I prefer to get exterior and work on the ranch, from fixing roads to clearing brush. I hate going to the health club, so sweating open air positive beats sitting on a stationary bike watching my navel. And I work cheaper than anybody I might rent to do it.”
Selleck is an completed indoor and seaside volleyball participant, enjoying the surface hitter place for the Outrigger Canoe Membership, Honolulu. (Son Kevin attended Selleck’s alma mater, USC, and have become a volleyball staff All-American in 1990.) Outrigger Canoe Membership teammate Dennis Berg, in the summertime 2011 challenge of Volleyball USA journal, stated of Selleck, “Tom was an important teammate, appreciative of being included with such a proficient and skilled group, practising and enjoying arduous when his Magnum schedule permitted…. He was very affected person with all of us, and we relished the large crowds that changed the same old sparse variety of gamers’ mates and spouses on the nationwide tourney matches.”
Selleck is an avid ice hockey fan and has been seen attending Los Angeles Kings video games at Staples Middle. He lists Anže Kopitar and Alexander Frolov as two of his favourite gamers. He was as soon as a minority proprietor of the Detroit Tigers, his favourite baseball staff since childhood. In preparation for his function within the movie Mr Baseball, Selleck reached out to the Tigers to apply with them in the course of the spring of 1991. He took batting apply for 3 weeks, even making an look in an exhibition recreation towards Cincinnati, the place Tiger supervisor Sparky Anderson had him play within the pinch hitter function. Selleck believes his coaching helped him significantly in his movie function, having gained precious expertise from attending staff conferences and creating an understanding of how aggressive gamers operate collectively.
Considered one of Selleck’s Magnum co-stars, Larry Manetti, in his 1996 memoir Aloha Magnum, was lavish in his reward of Selleck. Manetti lauded Selleck for his extraordinary work ethic on a grueling present (taking pictures for hours within the noon Hawaiian solar), Selleck’s work with Hawaiian charities, and his willingness to help this system’s forged and crew members.
In February 2009, Selleck joined the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund as nationwide spokesman for the brand new Training Middle being constructed on the Nationwide Mall.
Upon James Garner’s demise in 2014, he stated, “Jim was a mentor to me and a buddy, and I’ll miss him.” Two years after Garner’s demise, Selleck stated, previous to filming his then sixth season of Blue Bloods: “It is type of like my mentor, who by no means wished to listen to he was my mentor (James Garner), I do not settle for the mentor function. That they really feel that method is, I feel flattering though it provides a certain quantity of stress.”
2015 Water controversy
Selleck was sued by the Calleguas Municipal Water District for allegedly stealing and transferring roughly 1.4 million gallons of water from the Calleguas Municipal Water District to the Hidden Valley Municipal Water District in the course of the driest California drought since record-keeping started, which he used to water his avocado farm. He settled the swimsuit by paying $21,685.55 to the Calleguas Municipal Water District, an quantity which represented the district’s personal investigator charges in reference to the case. By settling, Selleck averted a trial whereas concurrently not admitting to any fault or wrongdoing.
He has been a member of the board of administrators of the Nationwide Rifle Affiliation and served as a spokesman for the group. He resigned from the board on September 18, 2018. After his shut buddy Charlton Heston stepped down from his function as an NRA spokesman in 2003, Selleck succeeded him. In 2002, Selleck donated the rifle he utilized in Quigley Down Underneath (a customized 13-pound [6 kg], single-shot, 1874 Sharps Rifle, with a 34-inch [86-cm] barrel), together with six different firearms from his different movies, to the NRA. The firearms are a part of the NRA’s exhibit “Actual Weapons of Reel Heroes” on the Nationwide Firearms Museum in Fairfax, Virginia.
To advertise his movie The Love Letter, Selleck was invited to be on The Rosie O’Donnell Present on Might 19, 1999. Through the look, O’Donnell interrogated Selleck about his help of gun possession and an advert by which he appeared supporting the NRA. On the finish of the interview, Selleck acknowledged, “It is your present, and you’ll speak about it after I depart.” Selleck later confided to Shaun Robinson that he forgives O’Donnell, stating “I nonetheless like Rosie. I feel she must take a deep breath and cease pondering all people who disagrees along with her is evil.”
For quite a lot of years, Selleck appeared in tv promoting for Nationwide Evaluation. He additionally subscribes to The New Republic. He endorsed Senator John McCain within the 2008 presidential election. Selleck describes himself as “a registered impartial with a number of libertarian leanings.”
Within the 2016 presidential election, Selleck didn’t help both Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, as an alternative writing in former Dallas Police Division Chief David Brown, saying that he was deeply touched by the grace and management Brown confirmed by way of the 2016 Dallas police taking pictures.
Awards and honors
On April 28, 2000, Selleck acquired an honorary doctorate diploma from Pepperdine College. He was chosen due to his excellent character and ethic. He’s a board member of the non-profit Joseph and Edna Josephson Institute of Ethics and co-founder of the Character Counts Coalition. He acquired a Star on the Hollywood Stroll of Fame in 1986. The star is located at 6925 Hollywood Blvd. In 1989, he acquired the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement.
- Amy Longsdorf (September 14, 1997). “Kiss & inform Tom Selleck goes straight to the reality discussing function as homosexual in In & Out”. Mcall.com.
- “His love of the Detroit Tigers has typically discovered its method into Tom Selleck’s work in Hollywood”. Detroit Athletic. March 13, 2014. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- “Nellie Andreeva, NCIS, Blue Bloods, Bull, Magnum P.I., & S.W.A.T. renewed by CBS, Mark Harmon anticipated to return”, https://deadline.com/2021/04/ncis-ncis-blue-bloods-bull-magnum-p-i-s-w-a-t-renewed-cbs-mark-harmon-1234735150/
- “Tom Selleck Performs ‘Ike’ In WW II Film; Springfield Sings of the Ache of Love; Excessive Residence Makeovers For Deserving Households, CNN”. Accessmylibrary.com. Might 19, 2004. Archived from the unique on April 12, 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- “Tom Selleck Biography (1945–)”. Filmreference.com. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- “California businessman, father of ‘Magnum P.I.’ star dies at 79”. Archives.starbulletin.com. March 26, 2001. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- Armstrong, Alice Catt (1994). Who’s who in California – Alice Catt Armstrong – Google Books. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- April 23, PATRICIA WARD BIEDERMAN; Pt, 1985 12 Am (April 23, 1985). “‘What larger honor might be conferred on a lady than to be a mom, and an American mom!’ –Dr. Norman Vincent Peale : Mrs. Selleck’s Absent Son Steals Supermom Thunder”. Los Angeles Instances.
- The Tom Selleck Handbook – All the pieces You Must Find out about Tom Selleck by Emily Smith, pg. 3
- Tom Selleck: An Unauthorized Biography by Jason Bonderoff; New American Library, 1983. Pg. 4-5
- “Martha Selleck Useless: Tom Selleck Mom Was 96”. www.hollywoodreporter.com. March 1, 2017.
- “retrieved 2007-07-30”. Films.yahoo.com. Archived from the unique on January 17, 2012. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- “Selleck, Tom, SGT”. Togetherweserved.com. Retrieved April 6, 2019.
- Vitale, Dick (April 17, 2003). “Jason Williams’ harm a giant matter at U.S. Open”. ESPN. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- “Tom Selleck”. The Girls’ Residence Journal. 102: 196. 1985.
- “Well-known Veteran: Tom Selleck”. navy.com. Army Benefit. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- “Tom Selleck Joins Memorial Fund because the Nationwide Spokesman for the Training Middle on the Wall”. Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund. January 28, 2009. Archived from the unique on August 24, 2017. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- Miller, Bruce R. (September 9, 2010). “Tom Selleck remembers ‘Magnum,’ appears to ‘Blue Bloods’ for change”. Sioux Metropolis Journal. Archived from the unique on December 10, 2018.
- BUILD Collection, Tom Selleck Shares How He Auditioned For “Indiana Jones”, retrieved December 9, 2018
- “Tom Selleck Emmy Award Winner”. Emmys.com. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- Mike Duffy (February 21, 1998). “Tom Selleck simply does what feels proper”. Chicagotribune.com.
- “Selleck Needs Again within the Magnum Driver’s Seat”. IMDb.com. March 4, 2009. Retrieved July 24, 2016.
- “Biography”. Cbs.com.
- “Emmy and Golden Globe Award Winner Tom Selleck Stars in “Jesse Stone: Profit Of The Doubt,” a New Tv Film To Be Broadcast Sunday, Might 20″. The Futon Critic.com. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- Genzlinger, Neil (February 27, 2009). “Generally, the Crime Finds the Cop”. The New York Instances.
- Kevin Bouffard. “Citrus adverts to function Selleck’s narration: Florida company approves a brand new slate of TV commercials,” The Ledger, December 20, 2007.
- “New Coldwell Banker TV advert marketing campaign options voice of Tom Selleck”. Inman Information. March 8, 2012.
- “AAG Debuts New Reverse Mortgage Industrial That includes Actor Tom Selleck”. August 1, 2016.
- “Tv star Tom Selleck was quietly married at this…” United Press Worldwide. Incline Village, Nevada. September 3, 1987.
- “Jillie Mack: Abstract”. TV.com. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- Biography Tom Selleck (Thomas Magnum – Magnum P.I.)
- “Selleck wins lame horse dispute”. BBC Information. September 6, 2009. Retrieved Might 25, 2010.
- MacGillivray, Lauren (June 28, 2003). “Younger Selleck blazes personal path”. Calgary Herald – through http://www.larkinhorses.com.
- Volleyball USA (Summer season 2011), vol 39, no 2 OCLC 31165992
- Information, Deseret (Might 26, 1992). “ACTOR TOM SELLECK’S DREAM COMES TRUE”. Deseret Information. Retrieved October 16, 2020.
- “Tom Selleck: 2 sorts of lawmen”. ToledoBlade.com. Might 11, 2012. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- “James Garner: In His Personal Phrases on The Pocket book, Maverick and Extra”. Individuals.com. July 21, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- “Behind The Scenes at Blue Bloods With Tv Icon Tom Selleck”. Philadelphia.CBSLocal.com. October 27, 2016. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- Covarrubias, Amanda; Hamilton, Matt; Parvini, Sarah (July 8, 2015). “Did ‘Magnum P.I.’ star Tom Selleck steal truckloads of hydrant water? An actual P.I. was on case”. Los Angeles Instances. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- “California district to settle water stealing swimsuit with Tom Selleck for $21,000”. The Guardian. July 16, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- Johnson, Alex; Blankstein, Andrew (July 8, 2015). “Lawsuit Accuses Tom Selleck of Stealing Water, however Cops Come Up Dry”. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- “Water Tom Selleck Accused of Stealing Was Paid For, Official Says”. The Hollywood Reporter. Related Press. July 13, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- “Ventura County Particular Districts” (PDF). Ventura Native Company Formation Commissiion. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- “California district to settle water stealing swimsuit with Tom Selleck for $21,000”. The Guardian Newspaper. July 16, 2015. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
- “Tom Selleck Settlement Accepted in California Water Battle”. NBC Information. July 16, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2020.
- “Tom Selleck Settles Lawsuit Accusing Him Of Stealing Water For SoCal Ranch”. CBS. July 16, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2020.
- Nationwide Rifle Affiliation. “Tom Selleck Donates Seven Weapons To NRA Nationwide Firearms Museum”. Ladies Hunters.
- “US gun management: What’s the NRA and why is it so highly effective? It is likely one of the strongest gamers in one of the vital hotly-debated points within the US – gun management – however what precisely is the NRA? Here is a fast information”. BBC. January 8, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
…Present members embrace former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, and actors Tom Selleck and Whoopi Goldberg. …
- Hipes, Patrick (September 20, 2018). “Tom Selleck Stepping Down From NRA Board”. Deadline Hollywood.
- Sherrod, Blackie (October 31, 2002). “Is all of it politics or present biz?”. The Dallas Morning Information.
- Schodolski, Vincent J. (January 5, 2003). “Sean Penn is not any Jane Fonda – In Iraq, he saved mouth large shut”. Chicago Tribune.
- Sharp, Eric (June 18, 2006). “Taking pictures Star – Vintage Black-Powder Rifle Nonetheless Scene-Stealer”. Detroit Free Press.
- “ROSIE O’DONNELL CALLS IT QUITS WITH KMART”. South Florida Sentinel.
- “O’Donnell, NRA battle over Kmart adverts”. Selection.
- “Tom Selleck appears again on ‘Rosie’ feud”. TODAY.com.
- Lacher, Irene (October 9, 1994). “Proper Revival in Hollywood”. Chicago Solar-Instances.
- “Like Ike”. Nationwide Evaluation. Might 29, 2004.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (November 10, 2016). “Tom Selleck wrote in former Dallas police chief for president”. CNN. Retrieved Might 29, 2017.
- Daniel Celano (October 11, 2017). “Children for Character_ Decisions Depend!” – through YouTube.
- “The Magic of Flight – MacGillivray Freeman”. macgillivrayfreemanfilms.com.
- “Character Training Program: Character Counts! – Lesson Plans, Coaching, Assets”. Character Counts!. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- 6925 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90028, United States – Google Maps
- “Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement”. www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement.
- Nix, Shan (June 26, 1989). “Wanting As much as the Stars: The place 50 best celebs dazzle 400 college students” (PDF). San Francisco Chronicle.
- Morrison, Jane Ann (June 28, 1992). “Vibrant college students, stars shine collectively” (PDF). Las Vegas Evaluation Journal.
- “Gen. Chuck Yeager Biography Photograph”. 1995.
Academy members, actor Tom Selleck and Common Chuck Yeager, at an Academy of Achievement outing in the course of the 1995 Achievement Summit held in Colonial Williamsburg.