The Regions dedicated mortgage payment assistance team is prepared to assist you. We want to keep you in your home.
FOR MORTGAGE PAYMENT RELIEF RELATED TO COVID-19,
please call 1-800-748-9498.
We can help determine which solution is best in a time of hardship, whether it’s temporary or long-term circumstances. Please call us at 1-800-748-9498, Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. CT.
If preserving your home is your goal, or perhaps your circumstance is temporary, your mortgage payment assistance options may include:
- Special Forbearance
- If you have a Federally-backed mortgage and are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency, you may be entitled to 180-day forbearance, which may be extended for another 180 days in certain circumstances. This benefit is available regardless of delinquency status. For more information about federally-back loans and to determine what type of loan you have, consult Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s helpful “Guide to Coronavirus Mortgage Relief Options.” We can also help you identify your loan type. Call 1-800-748-9498.
- If your mortgage is not Federally-backed but Regions is the lender or servicer, Regions may agree to a 90-day forbearance, which may be extended for another 90 days in certain circumstances.
- Although interest will continue to accrue during the forbearance period, you will not be charged fees related to the scheduled non-payment. Your credit will be reported based on the status of your loan when you requested forbearance. When the forbearance period ends, Regions will work with you to find a repayment option, such as an extended repayment plan or loan modification.
- All forbearance requests related to COVID-19 must be made by calling 1-800-748-9498. There is no documentation or form required to initiate this payment assistance option, but you must call us to request. Call at your convenience anytime, day or night. Speak with an associate, or use the automated phone system to easily process your request. It takes just a few minutes.
- Repayment Plan
- If you have experienced a short-term financial difficulty but are now in an improved financial situation, a repayment plan may be a good option for you. A repayment plan may allow you to make regularly scheduled payments, in addition to a portion of your past-due payments, to bring your loan current. This option may affect your credit.
- Mortgage Loan Modification
- A Loan Modification is a change to the terms of your mortgage in order to cure a delinquency and avoid foreclosure. If you qualify, a modification may include reducing your interest rate, extending the term of your mortgage and/or capitalizing the delinquent payments.
- The reinstatement amount is the total amount of past-due payments and may include late fees and attorney costs.
If you aren’t interested in maintaining ownership of the property and need debt relief, your options may include:
- Temporary Forbearance While Selling Your Home, with listing agreement
- Pre-foreclosure Sales (Short Sale)
- If you can no longer afford to keep your home, a short sale may be an option to avoid foreclosure. This allows you to sell your home for less than the outstanding balance of your loan and may satisfy your debt (though not always).
- Deed in Lieu
- With a deed in lieu of foreclosure, you would transfer ownership of your home to Regions voluntarily to avoid foreclosure.
If you would like to get started now, please complete the Mortgage Assistance Application. The form will help us determine the best option available for your situation. (NOTE: The Mortgage Assistance Application is not required if you are interested in temporary forbearance related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, please call 1-800-748-9498.) Once you have completed the form, you can submit it to us in one of the following ways. A Regions representative will contact you within approximately three to five days.
Mail to: P.O. Box 18001
Hattiesburg, MS 39404-8001
Fax to: 1-800-256-7200
Upload to: Document Center in MyMortgage
If you have concerns about the evaluation of your foreclosure alternative options, please contact our Escalation Case Unit at 1-800-986-2462. Any concerns will be reviewed by our Specialists, who will acknowledge your inquiry in writing via email, fax or mail within 72 hours. We will make every attempt to address your question(s) and/or concerns within 15 days from the date of receipt.
For help exploring options, Department of Housing and Urban Development provides contact information for housing counselors at portal.hud.gov or by calling 1-800-569-4287. In addition, this information can be found by accessing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. NeighborWorks® provides foreclosure solutions, both online or by calling 1-888-995-4673 for more information. Additionally, Know Your Options is another source of information.