Michigan House owner Help Fund (MIHAF)
Whitmer – Governor Whitmer Launches Program for Michigan Owners Experiencing Hardships
The House owner Help Fund was established beneath part 3206 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (the ARP) to mitigate hardships related to the coronavirus pandemic by offering funds to forestall home-owner mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosures, lack of utilities or residence power companies and displacements of householders experiencing monetary hardship on or after January 21, 2020 or for these householders who expertise a coronavirus pandemic monetary hardship that started earlier than January 21, 2020 however continued after that date.
The U.S. Division of the Treasury notified MSHDA on April 14, 2021 that it’s going to allocate $242,812,277 to the State of Michigan. This quantity was based mostly on unemployed people and the variety of mortgagors with delinquent mortgage funds.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer has designated the Michigan State Housing Growth Authority (the Authority or MSHDA) because the working company to arrange the Michigan House owner Help Fund (MIHAF) program in accordance with the steering offered by the Treasury.
MSHDA opened the MIHAF program to the general public on February 14, 2022
*****Please perceive there’s a excessive quantity of MIHAF functions, and your software could take 6-8 weeks to course of. Purposes are reviewed within the order they’re obtained. You might examine the standing of your MIHAF software within the hyperlink under. *****
Who Is Eligible?
- Owners with family incomes lower than 150% of Space Median Earnings (AMI)
- Owners who personal and occupy the property as their main residence
- Owners should have and clarify a monetary hardship immediately associated to COVID-19 on or after January 21, 2020
As much as $25,000 Grant Per Family to Pay:
- Delinquent mortgage/housing bills, together with property tax and insurance coverage escrow shortages
- Delinquent land contract funds, cell residence shopper loan funds or cell residence park lot funds
- Delinquent property taxes
- Delinquent condominium/householders’ affiliation charges
- Delinquent home-owner’s insurance coverage,
- Delinquent utilities, fuel, electrical, water, sewer
- Delinquent web broadband companies
How Do I Apply?
- Use the safe on-line software portal CLICK HERE to submit your software for help.
- That is one of the simplest ways to use for many who have a sensible cellphone, pill, or pc.
- First evaluation the Acceptable Documentation Checklist and be ready to supply supporting documentation, similar to picture ID, social safety quantity, month-to-month earnings/profit assertion, and delinquent housing expense statements.
- Verify the standing of your submission HERE
- Program questions please name Buyer Service 844-756-4423 or electronic mail [email protected]
Prioritization of Households
The Federal House owner Help Fund Program requires a prioritization of help for each households with incomes equal to or lower than 100% of Space Median Earnings (AMI) and people recognized as Socially Deprived People (SDI). SDI households could have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice or cultural bias inside American society due to their identities as members of teams and with out regard to their particular person qualities. Social drawback should stem from circumstances past their management.
All MIHAF functions might be reviewed and decided eligible on a primary come, first serve foundation.
MSHDA’s program New Time period Sheet efficient for functions obtained on or after 5/1/22 offers better particulars on the MIHAF program.
Turn into a MIHAF Associate
Lenders, mortgage corporations, reverse mortgage corporations and mortgage servicers can change into a MIHAF PARTICIPATING PARTNER by finishing the MIHAF Collaboration Settlement and MIHAF Service Supplier Contact and ACH Directions under.
County Treasurers, land contract holders, cell residence lenders. cell residence parks, condominium/householders’ associations, home-owner’s insurance coverage firm, utilities, fuel, electrical, water, sewer, and web/broadband companies can change into a MIHAF PARTICIPATING PARTNER by finishing the MIHAF Supplier Participation Settlement and the MIHAF Service Supplier Contact and ACH Directions under.
MIHAF Associate Agreements
MIHAF Associate Advertising and marketing Toolkit
The Michigan House owner Help Fund (MIHAF) Advertising and marketing Toolkit is now out there to assist organizations inform and have interaction eligible householders. This toolkit contains flyers, FAQ info, social media content material for Fb, Twitter, and LinkedIn, together with different sources for efficient advertising campaigns to achieve these in want.