Bethpage Federal Credit score Union traces its roots again to 1941 and presently serves greater than 400,000 members. Headquartered in Bethpage, New York, the credit score union affords aggressive rates of interest and costs on HELOCs.
As a credit score union, Bethpage is owned by its members and could possibly provide higher service than banks and on-line lenders. When you’re contemplating getting a HELOC by Bethpage, right here’s what you could know.
Bethpage Federal Credit score Union snapshot
|Mortgage varieties supplied||HELOC|
|APR vary||3.25% to 18% (with autopay)|
|Mortgage quantity vary||As much as $500,000|
|Minimal credit score rating required||Not specified|
|Reimbursement phrases||10-year draw interval and 20-year reimbursement interval|
|Common time to approval||Not specified|
A Bethpage Federal Credit score Union HELOC could also be a very good possibility for those who stay in a state the place the lender affords the product and its options suit your wants:
- Aggressive charges: As of late February 2021, the lender affords a variable rate of interest beginning at 3.25 % APR. The typical trade HELOC price is 4.7 %, as of February 2021, in keeping with Bankrate information.
- Low prices: Bethpage covers all closing prices, except you shut your HELOC throughout the first 36 months of account opening. It additionally doesn’t cost utility, origination or appraisal charges.
- Fastened-rate possibility: With Bethpage, you’ll be able to convert some or your entire variable-rate HELOC to a fixed-rate HELOC with no charge. You’ll have to attract a minimal of $10,000 for every fixed-rate loan (with a most of three fixed-rate loans open at a time), however you’ll be able to select between five-, 10- and 20-year reimbursement timelines.
Bethpage is probably not the most suitable choice for you for those who want a house fairness product aside from a HELOC. A few of Bethpage’s drawbacks embrace:
- No residence fairness loan possibility: When you can convert some or your entire HELOC to a fixed-rate loan possibility, there’s no separate residence fairness loan product that you may apply for from the start. A house fairness loan is normally a greater possibility than a HELOC in case you have one massive upfront expense and don’t need to cope with the uncertainty of variable charges.
- Membership required: Bethpage is a credit score union, which signifies that membership is required so as to enroll in a HELOC. With the intention to turn out to be a member, you have to open a minimal $5 share financial savings account with the credit score union.
Varieties of charges charged
Bethpage prices no closing prices, utility charges or origination charges. Nonetheless, you’ll have to repay the closing prices you’d’ve paid for those who shut your HELOC inside 36 months. There is no such thing as a charge to transform some or your entire HELOC to a fixed-rate loan.
You can even earn a reduction in your price by organising computerized HELOC funds from a Bethpage checking or financial savings account.
Mortgage merchandise supplied
Bethpage Federal Credit score Union affords mortgage loans, refinance loans and HELOCs. For its HELOCs, you’ll pay solely curiosity for 10 years, then enter the principal and curiosity reimbursement interval of 20 years after that.
You even have the choice to transform some or your entire present steadiness to a fixed-rate loan with a five-, 10- or 20-year reimbursement interval at no extra charge — though the utmost time period can not exceed your account maturity date. To transform, you could draw no less than $10,000, and you’ll have as much as three fixed-rate loan balances at a time.
The right way to qualify for a house fairness loan with Bethpage Federal Credit score Union
To qualify for a Bethpage HELOC, you could turn out to be a member, which requires opening a financial savings account with a minimal of $5. Additionally, you will have to buy hazard insurance coverage and, in some instances, flood insurance coverage. Bethpage’s greatest charges go to debtors with a most mixed loan-to-value ratio of 80 %.
Bethpage HELOCs are usually not obtainable to debtors in Texas.
The right way to get began
When you’re inquisitive about making use of for a Bethpage HELOC, you’ve got two choices. The primary is known as a “fast begin” and takes simply a few minutes. You’ll present your identify, telephone quantity, e-mail deal with, estimated residence worth and present mortgage steadiness. A loan specialist will comply with up with you to speak about your choices.
The opposite possibility is filling out a full utility on-line, which might take as much as half-hour. To do that, you’ll share details about your property, the quantity you’re requesting and the rationale for the loan.
You’ll additionally present details about your self (and your co-applicant, if relevant), together with date of start, Social Safety quantity and different private information. After finishing the applying, you’ll obtain preapproval data by e-mail, and a lending specialist will comply with up with you.
You probably have any questions, you’ll be able to ship a message by the web site and get a name or e-mail with a solution. You can even name 1-855-330-6630 or go to a department. Representatives can be found by telephone Monday by Friday from 8 a.m. to six p.m. ET and Saturday from 10 a.m. to eight p.m. ET.
Earlier than you apply, although, take the time to match Bethpage’s providing with different HELOC lenders to make sure that you get the perfect deal on your scenario.
How Bankrate charges Bethpage Federal Credit score Union
Editorial disclosure: All critiques are ready by Bankrate.com workers. Opinions expressed therein are solely these of the reviewer and haven’t been reviewed or permitted by any advertiser. The knowledge, together with charges and costs, introduced within the assessment is correct as of the date of the assessment. Examine the information on the prime of this web page and the lender’s web site for probably the most present data.